Watch the final project video!
Watch our teaser, in 12 different languages!
A brand new teaser is under preparation
EU-Citizen.Science is an online platform for sharing knowledge, tools, training and resources for citizen science – by the community, for the community.
The vision for the platform is to serve as a Knowledge Hub, in aid of the mainstreaming of citizen science, and build on the growing impact of citizens participating in research across the full range of scientific enquiry. We accomplish this by supporting the sharing of knowledge, know-how, and experience between anyone doing or wanting to do citizen science.
On this platform you will find:
- Projects that are engaging the public in research via citizen science activities
- Resources that are useful for citizen science practitioners
- Training resources and materials on citizen science as a practice
- Training modules on citizen science in a wide range of themes
- Organisations that are involved in citizen science projects and research
- Events calendar
- A blog
- Forum for questions, conversations, and collaboration with the rest of the community
Spotted something missing? You can add your own profiles via the New submission button in the top menu. Have a suggestion for us? Please share your thoughts via the contact form.
The EU-Citizen.Science project has been funded by the European Commission Horizon 2020 programme, in the Science with and for Society programme of work (also known as SwafS). The project’s mission is ambitious – to become the reference point for citizen science through cross-network knowledge sharing for citizen science participants, practitioners, researchers, policy makers and society across Europe.
- Our Vision is that Citizen Science becomes an appreciated and widely established means for the democratization of science in Europe
- Our Core Mission is to become the European reference point for citizen science through cross-network knowledge sharing for citizen science participants, practitioners, researchers, policy makers and society across Europe.
- Our objectives are:
- to establish EU-Citizen.Science as the knowledge and community hub for high-quality citizen science exchange and learning in Europe.
- to consolidate the citizen science knowledge base and celebrate outstanding practices and state of the art in citizen science in Europe.
- to empower diverse stakeholders to become citizen scientists, start citizen science initiatives, and implement citizen science approaches professionally.
- to explore new pathways for participatory governance, by strengthening links between citizen science and policy making.
- to advance citizen science into the mainstream of public engagement, science communication and education.
The EU-Citizen.Science consortium consists of 14 partners and 9 third parties from across 14 European countries. We represent a variety of stakeholders that are active in citizen science, including universities, non-governmental organisations, local authorities, community service organisations and museums.