Citizen Science Zurich
Citizen Science Zurich is a joint initiative by the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich, supported by the Mercator Foundation Switzerland. We strive for an open, diverse and inclusive science, where research is done with the public and for the public, and where Citizen Science is accepted as a general research approach. Our mission is to inspire and support people to engage in different forms of participatory research. We aim to increase participation of citizens in academia and want to enable an effective collaboration between science and society. Citizen Science Zurich
In order to achieve this,
- we promote the active participation of citizens in research, tackling questions across all academic disciplines, from climate change to human health.
- we provide the resources, expertise, and technical know-how to develop, set up, and run Citizen Science projects.
- we offer various trainings to promote the skills necessary for doing Citizen Science.
- we help all practitioners to maintain the highest standards of excellence in research methodology, including research ethics, data collection, analysis, and dissemination.
- we provide an environment that fosters and facilitates cooperation and communication between citizen scientists and academic scientists.
- we encourage projects to contribute to the global effort toward sustainable development, by creating actionable knowledge and data that can help tackle the UN SDGs at the local, regional, and global level.
Logo design by: Citizen Science ZurichGo to Organisation Edit Organisation