Scivil builds bridges for better citizen science. As the Flemish knowledge center for citizen science, Scivil is a catalyst and matchmaker, bringing together all parties and required tools for strong citizen science projects. Scivil promotes, connects, supports and innovates citizen science.
Scivil wants citizens, scientists and societal actors to solve scientific issues and societal problems together more often, thus optimally matching the acquired knowledge to all stakeholders.
Through citizen science, citizens, scientists and societal actors can collaborate on outstanding and effective scientific research. Moreover, citizens thus learn to think more nuanced and critical about science and also experience its importance, both for society and for their personal lives.
Scivil builds bridges for better citizen science, between (potential) initiators and partners. Scivil is a catalyst and matchmaker, bringing together all parties and required tools, in Flanders and beyond, for strong citizen science projects.
- Scivil promotes citizen science so that actively contributing to solutions for scientific and societal issues is accessible to everyone.
- Scivil connects citizen science stakeholders so that together they can realize impactful citizen science projects.
- Scivil supports citizen science initiatives to make them diverse, qualitative, impactful and internationally prominent.
- Scivil innovates citizen science approaches, so that the research method remains attuned to the latest scientific and societal evolutions.
SCIVIL HELPS YOU WITH...
- Workshops and lectures on citizen science tailored to your organization;
- Personalized advice on future and ongoing citizen science projects;
- Networking events to connect citizen science actors;
- Guides and manuals on partial aspects of citizen science;
- An innovative citizen science approach as a partner in your project.